This cookie is a favorite in many homes in Sweden! Raspberry caves, or maybe I should call them grottos? Either way it is the most tender and delicious cookie you ever will try!
Swedish: Söker du svenska receptet så hittar du det här: Hallongrottor
Here is the video on YouTube. Feel free to subscribe to my channel: Fredriks Fika
Raspberry Caves, 32 pcs
200g softened butter
90g icing sugar
270g all purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup (about 1 dl) raspberry jam
1. Set the oven to 200 degrees Celcius or 390 Farenheit. Whisk together butter and icing sugar until well blended.
2. Add all purpose flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder and work into the butter to a smooth dough.
3. Tip the dough on table, divide it into two equal parts. Roll out two long rolls, divide each roll into 16 parts.
4. Roll each part into a ball and press with your finger in the middle so that you get a deep hole. Or use a citrus press as I do in the video.
5. Place the cakes on a sheet of parchment paper, fill each cake with raspberry jam.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes.
If you want more swedish fika you can try my Cinnamon rolls och Chocolate balls!